Adult Protect Services, After Hours Advocate
M-Th from 11:00am to 8:00pm. Responsible for answering Adult Protective Services (APS) hotline after hours, developing a collaborative relationship with APS social workers and supervisors on call to serve the people who call APS Hotline and developing systems to capture statistics. The APS after hours Hotline Advocate offers assistance to APS hotline callers including the following:
- Document information from the callers to make reports/messages accurately.
- Assess the level of emergency or urgency, consult with a social worker as needed.
- Able to work under pressure efficiently and follow protocols.
- Establish the contact between the caller and the on-call social worker.
- Collect the statistics and use the established digital system to store and access statistics.
- Collate statistical data of Hotline.
- Maintain records and monthly reports to APS systematically.
- Complete the 40-hour domestic violence training program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA degree or equivalent experience in non-profit agency.
- Direct service experience in client-centered counseling and crisis intervention and experience working with victims/survivors of domestic violence from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team, under pressure in a crisis atmosphere and meet assigned deadlines.
- High level of computer and collating statistical data skills.
- Must have a valid CA license for driving and proof of car insurance.
Next Door Solutions to Domestic Violence (NDS) is a nonprofit organization located in San Jose. Since 1974, NDS has been providing critical intervention and prevention services to domestic violence survivors and their children. NDS’ advocacy services include survivor-defined intervention from crisis to self-sufficiency. NDS is a community leader, known for its advocacy orientation to achieve its mission of ending domestic violence in the moment and for all time. As one of the leading local agencies in the domestic violence field, NDS takes pride in its grassroots legacy, commitment to systems change, and its “roll up your sleeves” culture.
Next Door Solutions is an equal opportunity employer committed to developing the leadership skills of people from diverse backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, age, color, disability (physical and mental, includes HIV and AIDS), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (includes religious dress and grooming), sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, or request for FMLA.