Coordinator of Support Services
Job Title: Coordinator of Support Services
Classification: 20 hours part-time hourly, non-exempt
The Coordinator of Support Services is responsible for helping survivors of domestic violence and their children have the tools, access, and self-efficacy to achieve their self-defined goals. This position will coordinate training and coverage for the two key Support Services activities of Support Group and Therapy. These program activities support the survivors and families with children’s issues and needs, parenting, job readiness, finances and credit, budgeting, health, education, and overall well-being.
Working in collaboration with the Manager of Support Services, the Coordinator will:
- Coordinate facilitator coverage for Support Groups.
- Evaluation Support Group program to ensure clients are receiving highest level of support in the group setting.
- Conduct monthly trainings for Support Group Facilitators on a variety of topics, bringing in outside resources and speakers as necessary.
- Facilitate day-time and evening support groups as needed.
- Coordinate therapy appointments for clients of NDS.
- On occasion, provide walk-in peer counseling support.
- Attend monthly department meetings and NDS All Staff meetings.
- Bachelor degree in related field plus 3 years of experience in the domestic violence field or at least 5 years of experience in domestic violence.
- Experience developing and facilitating trainings, educational tools and materials.
- Background and interest in supporting victims of domestic violence through group sessions.
- Flexibility in response to client and agency needs.
- Ability to effectively manage projects and program logistics.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work with people at all professional levels and from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Strong problem solving skills; experience in managing conflict; ability to respond creatively to challenges.
Next Door Solutions to Domestic Violence (NDS) is a nonprofit organization located in San Jose. Since 1974, NDS has been providing critical intervention and prevention services to domestic violence survivors and their children. NDS’ advocacy services include survivor-defined intervention from crisis to self-sufficiency. NDS is a community leader, known for its advocacy orientation to achieve its mission of ending domestic violence in the moment and for all time. As one of the leading local agencies in the domestic violence field, NDS takes pride in its grassroots legacy, commitment to systems change, and its “roll up your sleeves” culture.
Next Door Solutions is an equal opportunity employer committed to developing the leadership skills of people from diverse backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, age, color, disability (physical and mental, includes HIV and AIDS), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (includes religious dress and grooming), sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, or request for FMLA.