Crisis & Community Support Advocate, Full Time
This position is responsible for providing integral gateway services to survivors of domestic violence, primarily at Next Door Solutions’ community office. This crucial intervention and advocacy position provides survivors with necessary support and survivor-centered planning. This bi-lingual (Spanish/English) advocate will provide extensive safety planning, risk assessment counseling, and warm referrals to survivors through face-to-face and telephone services.
- Maintain an accessible calendar available for client appointments.
- Provision of crisis intervention, counseling, safety planning, and risk assessment for survivors through walk-ins and appointments.
- Connect and refer survivors to other Next Door Services.
- Connect and refer survivors to other community agencies.
- Maintain current referral/resource information and guide.
- Maintain current client records and documentation
- Submit monthly statistical reports.
- Attend monthly department meetings and Next Door All Staff meetings.
- Meet with management for supervision monthly and as needed.
- Maintain up-to-date training on domestic violence and other related topics.
- Know and receive training on domestic violence.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in domestic violence field
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability and experience working in crisis planning
- Two years of direct service experience
Next Door Solutions to Domestic Violence (NDS) is a nonprofit organization located in San Jose. Since 1974, NDS has been providing critical intervention and prevention services to domestic violence survivors and their children. NDS’ advocacy services include survivor-defined intervention from crisis to self-sufficiency. NDS is a community leader, known for its advocacy orientation to achieve its mission of ending domestic violence in the moment and for all time. As one of the leading local agencies in the domestic violence field, NDS takes pride in its grassroots legacy, commitment to systems change, and its “roll up your sleeves” culture.
Next Door Solutions is an equal opportunity employer committed to developing the leadership skills of people from diverse backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, age, color, disability (physical and mental, includes HIV and AIDS), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (includes religious dress and grooming), sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, or request for FMLA.