Crisis & Community Support Advocate, Full Time, Reports to: Manager of Community and Systems Advocate
This position is responsible for providing integral gateway services to survivors of domestic violence, primarily at Next Door Solutions’ community office. This crucial intervention and advocacy position provides survivors with necessary support and survivor-centered planning. This bi-lingual (Spanish/English) advocate will provide extensive safety planning, risk assessment counseling, and warm referrals to survivors through face-to-face and telephone services.
- Maintain an accessible calendar available for client appointments.
• Provision of crisis intervention, counseling, safety planning, and risk assessment for survivors through walk-ins and appointments.
• Connect & refer survivors to other Next Door Services.
- Connect & refer survivors to other community agencies.
• Maintain current referral/resource information and guide.
• Maintain current client records and documentation.
• Submit monthly statistical reports.
• Attend monthly department meetings and Next Door All Staff meetings.
• Meet with management for supervision monthly and as needed.
- Maintain up-to-date training on domestic violence and other related topics.
• Know and receive training on domestic violence.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in domestic violence field
- Bi-lingual – English/Spanish
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Ability and experience working in crisis planning
- Two years of direct service experience