Men’s Support Group Facilitator
Reports to: Support Group Coordinator
Summary of Job Duties:
The support group facilitator provides peer-counseling, crisis intervention, and education that is designed to support and empower survivors of domestic violence in a group setting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate support groups for survivors of domestic violence at Next Door Solutions’ Community Office and other sites as needed.
- Participate in the screening and orientation process as appropriate for the support group facilitated.
- Maintain client files/records.
- Complete all necessary documentation for the database.
- Interact with the Support Group Coordinator to ensure program consistency and high quality.
- Participate in continuing education regarding domestic violence.
- Must have training in basic domestic violence including dynamics of power and control, effects of abuse on children and others, including the state required domestic violence counselor certification (can be provided by agency).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to relate well to people from diverse socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Criminal background check (provided upon hire).
Next Door Solutions to Domestic Violence (NDS) is a nonprofit organization located in San Jose. Since 1974, NDS has been providing critical intervention and prevention services to domestic violence survivors and their children. NDS’ advocacy services include survivor-defined intervention from crisis to self-sufficiency. NDS is a community leader, known for its advocacy orientation to achieve its mission of ending domestic violence in the moment and for all time. As one of the leading local agencies in the domestic violence field, NDS takes pride in its grassroots legacy, commitment to systems change, and its “roll up your sleeves” culture.
Next Door Solutions is an equal opportunity employer committed to developing the leadership skills of people from diverse backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, age, color, disability (physical and mental, includes HIV and AIDS), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (includes religious dress and grooming), sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, or request for FMLA.