Support Group Facilitator, Part-Time
The support group facilitator provides peer counseling, crisis intervention, and education that is designed to support and empower survivors of domestic violence in a group setting.
Group times are:
Monday 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Tuesday 11:30 am to 1:30 pm
Tuesday 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Thursday 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Reports to: Coordinator of Support Services
- Facilitate support groups for survivors of domestic violence at Next Door Community Office and other sites as needed.
- Provide orientation, safety planning, risk assessment services to survivors.
- Research and provide resources to survivors.
- Complete all necessary documentation for the agency database.
- Interact with the Manager of Support Services to ensure program consistency and high quality.
- Participate in continuing education regarding domestic violence.
- Participate in quarterly meetings, monthly supervision, and other meetings as needed.
Knowledge, Ability, Experience Requirements:
- Fluency in Spanish, verbal and written.
- Knowledge of domestic violence including dynamics of power and control, effects of domestic violence on children and others, including the state-mandated 40+ hours of Domestic Violence specific training (with experience, can be provided upon hire)
- Proven communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Experience in group facilitation and evaluation.
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to function well in crisis situations.
- Ability to maintain working relationships with supervisor, co-workers, clients, and community agencies.
Next Door Solutions to Domestic Violence (NDS) is a nonprofit organization located in San Jose. Since 1974, NDS has been providing critical intervention and prevention services to domestic violence survivors and their children. NDS’ advocacy services include survivor-defined intervention from crisis to self-sufficiency. NDS is a community leader, known for its advocacy orientation to achieve its mission of ending domestic violence in the moment and for all time. As one of the leading local agencies in the domestic violence field, NDS takes pride in its grassroots legacy, commitment to systems change, and its “roll up your sleeves” culture.
Next Door Solutions is an equal opportunity employer committed to developing the leadership skills of people from diverse backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, age, color, disability (physical and mental, includes HIV and AIDS), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (includes religious dress and grooming), sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, or request for FMLA.