Youth Coordinator, Full-Time
Job Summary: Support and expand NDS’ Prevention and Support Service Programs. Responsibilities include coordination and implementation of social media campaigns, outreach activities, and coordination of youth services. The Coordinator will work as part of the Prevention team to create online campaigns, manage the technological aspects of outreach activity, and assist in all community engagement and prevention program activities. In addition, they will also provide support for the coordination of youth services within NDS. The role requires a passion for the cause against gender-based violence and a motivation to work with the community and youth on moving the needle toward a violence-free society.
Reports to: Manager of Community Prevention
- Implement evidence-based teen violence prevention programs, such as Coaching Boys into Men (CBIM) and Athletes As Leaders (AAL) into Santa Clara County High schools and athletic programs.
- Support the Prevention Program Manager to implement a primary prevention social media campaigns, and create PSAs for youth community members s in Santa Clara County
- Supports the Manager of Support Services to coordinate the teen support group and youth services with partners.
- Coordinate and facilitate virtual and in-person prevention presentations, workshops, activities and campaigns.
- Grow internal agency capacity to engage youth in impactful, trauma-informed spaces.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate program data to evaluate the effectiveness of primary prevention programming and support services for youth.
- Attend and support local, state, and national communities of practice related to the role as an agency liaison and share and learn best practices.
- Attend community meetings, events and spaces, as permitted by the agency and Public Health Guidelines.
- Work evenings and weekends, or travel out of the area for training, as needed.
- Design and organize panel discussions bringing in community youth as panelists, to build awareness and education on topics such as bullying, misogyny, gender inequality, dating violence and toxic masculinity.
- Find opportunities and/or conduct presentations / workshops on dating violence prevention.
- Create marketing fliers to publicize community engagement activities.
- Coordinate with staff team and with event participants to implement all community engagement activities.
- Build and sustain community relationships through in-person communication, phone, email, webinars, and social media.
- Expand NDS’s outreach in the youth community, attract and engage youth volunteers for NDS’s Prevention campaigns, and maintain a database of youth volunteers
- Support prevention program activities including outreach and marketing, booth management, creating fliers, mass mails, and social media campaigns, and volunteer coordination for virtual and in-person events
- Comply with all confidentiality requirements, ethical and legal obligations of the program and agency
- Ensure accurate maintenance of records and timely reporting of activities undertaken including program outcomes, surveys, social media data, and others as needed
- Compile and provide reports as needed for projects and grants
- Support all agency activities and events as needed
Crisis Counseling and Advocacy
- Provide crisis counseling during office hours in person and over the phone as needed.
- Provide crisis intervention services during educational presentations, group facilitation, and events as needed.
- Follow all mandated reporting policies and procedures
- Commitment to NDS’s mission and values.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) with at least 2 years of experience working in community-facing activities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills including writing and public speaking abilities required.
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
- Strong leadership, facilitation, and public speaking skills for small groups and large settings.
- Familiarity with Google apps and presentation development software.
- Willingness to learn about sexual assault and intimate partner violence, healthy relationship skills, oppression and social systems, intersectional issues, active listening skills, and basic crisis intervention/counseling techniques, existing knowledge is a plus.
- Must be tech-savvy and comfortable using tech tools for audio/video recording/editing, and online software for fliers and mass mail creation
- Proficient in creating outreach flyers and marketing emails using online marketing tools
- Solid knowledge and experience of using social media including Instagram
- Must be strongly motivated to take initiative and work with youth independently to coordinate and engage them in NDS campaigns
- Ability to work as part of a team and manage individual responsibilities and multi-tasking
- Be detail-oriented, well organized, focused, and goal-oriented, with a high level of initiative and energy
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule when needed and to complete tasks on hand
- Experience in violence prevention or other social justice issues.
- Experience managing online gaming/social communities.
- Experience with common social media platforms.
- Experience with men or boys-focused programming.
- Experience working in or alongside diverse populations.
- Strong organizational and evaluation skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage competing deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work closely, cooperatively, and collaboratively with others.
- Ability to learn and integrate new technology to workflow and programming.
- Ability to work with professionals and community members from all walks of life.
- Ability to foster collaborative working relationships with agency partners.
- Passion for diversity, equity and inclusion.
Next Door Solutions to Domestic Violence (NDS) is a nonprofit organization located in San Jose. Since 1974, NDS has been providing critical intervention and prevention services to domestic violence survivors and their children. NDS’ advocacy services include survivor-defined intervention from crisis to self-sufficiency. NDS is a community leader, known for its advocacy orientation to achieve its mission of ending domestic violence in the moment and for all time. As one of the leading local agencies in the domestic violence field, NDS takes pride in its grassroots legacy, commitment to systems change, and its “roll up your sleeves” culture.
Next Door Solutions is an equal opportunity employer committed to developing the leadership skills of people from diverse backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of ancestry, age, color, disability (physical and mental, includes HIV and AIDS), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (includes religious dress and grooming), sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, or request for FMLA.